In this thoroughly researched book, Anne Gehman and Ellen Ratner give credence to the pioneers who risked their lives, homes, and reputations to bring us some of the most effective alternative treatments in self-help and spirituality known today. Learn about the power inside every one of us on a journey toward courage, love, and Self Empowerment.
Learn about the inspiration behind the book with Ellen Ratner and Anne B. Gehman
Order your copy today, at our store.
Another book by Changing Lives Press
1. Self Culture: Training and defining yourself
2. Mind Power: Developing will and desire
3. Will Training: Increase perception, imagination and memory
4. Ideal Suggestions: Impressing and changing the mind through mental photography
5. Power through Reponse: Using absolute rest to overcome stress and tension
6. The Voice Eternal: Stopping mental obstacles and eliminating pain
7. Psychic Healing and Science of Breath: Techniques to heal self and others
8. Home Circles: Forming groups at home to increase healing and perception
9. Clairvoyance and Beyond: Using clairvoyance to increase mental receptivity.
The Nine Things That Lead to Self Empowerment
288 pages / Trade Paper / 6 x 8
ISBN #: 978-0-9843047
Pub Date: September 2011
Published by: Changing Lives Press
Nine Things the 19th Century Can Teach Us About Living in the 21st
In Self Empowerment, the past comes to the rescue as Washington, D.C. Reporter/talk show host and a spiritual medium turn back the clock on self-help, pointing readers in the direction of history in order to help them heal from physical, psychological, and spiritual ailments. In this thoroughly researched book, Anne Gehman and Ellen Ratner give credence to the pioneers who risked their lives, homes, and reputations to bring us some of the most effective alternative treatments in self-help and spirituality known today.
In our search for understanding our minds, bodies, and spirits, we have become more open than ever to "alternative" treatments like homeopathy, prayer meditation, herbal remedies, psychic mediums, Eastern Medicine, and many others.
Together Ratner and Gehman, explore the lives, ideologies', philosophies, and intellect of hundreds of our history's greatest healers and pioneers, among them names we know, like Appleseed and Mesmer, and others, who we will soon meet.